Job ID: 37211
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Regulatory Services
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- To support the Business with provision of effective loss management processes on behalf of the PoR network. Through effective management of own team, proactively resolve recovery of losses and assess potential further operational risk to the Bank
- Plan and undertake daily monitoring of reported incidents where the Bank and /or customers have experienced operational losses through fraudulent activity on accounts.
- Identify and escalate adverse trends affecting the Bank and provide appropriate guidance to avoid future losses.
- Monitor controls and Endeavour to ensure that adequacy and effectiveness of the controls.
- Liaise and assist PoR management and staff with loss experiences.
- Maintain a culture within the Bank that emphasizes and demonstrates to all the importance of internal control and its corresponding effect on service excellence.
- Provision of effective management information on activities of line functions to the Manager, Loss Control.
- Effective management of subordinates, internal controls and well-being
- Evaluate and manage the performance of direct staff resources to achieve a high standard of
- Competence, motivation, focusing on the development and retention of promising officers.
- Track all outstanding audit issues with a view of expunging them before the due date
- Escalate to management high risk audit issue that are long outstanding to reduces possibility of adverse effect on the bank.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of First Degree and professional qualifications in accountancy, Law, Auditing or related fields (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CISA, ICIA).
- Candidate should have proven experience in banking and should ideally have a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience of having worked in a Control or Risk function
- Candidate must have good awareness and appreciation of industry standards in respect of operational control and experience of having practically aligned control processes to these standards
- Candidate will be expected to have detailed product knowledge in a number of different offerings supported by a deep understanding of the processes that support the transaction lifecycle
- Candidate must have been exposed to regulators, internal and external audit functions and a good understanding of the regulation that directs operational processes.
- Establishing Rapport
- Articulating Information
- Upholding Standards
- Completing Tasks
- Generating Ideas
- Computer Literate
- Analytical Skills
- Risk mitigation initiatives
- Report writing
- Operational Risk Community
- Good internal and external communication skills with all stakeholders resulting in exceptional customer service being delivered to both internal and external customers.
- Visibly assist the key stakeholders in achieving targets and standards of performance by providing consistent encouragement and guidance.
- Good communication skills with colleagues resulting in good customer service.
- Optimize and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications
- Immediate escalation of all high impact incidents/faults.
- Prioritize systems processes and execute accordingly.