About the role
The Senior Programme Coordinator (SPC) Food Security and Nutrition will provide day to day oversight and strategic leadership on the development and implementation involving management of all aspects of the programme, including recruitment and performance management, assessments, designing, planning, implementation, monitoring staff capacity building, reporting and technical support to the Food Security and Nutrition Programme. He/she will be responsible for managing Christian Aid WFP Food Security and Nutrition programmes, projects and partnerships as well as the effective management of significant budget funds.
- The post holder must have a degree preferably in any of the Social Sciences, Rural Development or a related field.
- A postgraduate degree is an added advantage.
- He/she must have at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian response with an International Non-Government Organisation and a track record of success in designing, implementing, managing and monitoring Food and cash-based programming in different emergency settings, ideally in Food and nutrition sectors.
- He/she must have a minimum of one-year aid-related International NGO experience in North-East Nigeria.
- He/she is required to have good project management skills and sound knowledge/ experience working with IDPs in Nigeria. He/she is required to possess good understanding of gender-sensitive programming, have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Specialised qualification in emergency and/or development work and ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.