Grants and Reporting Manager
Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Location: Maiduguri (responsible for entire Borno interventions)
Job type: Full-time
Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Start date: January 2019
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Support Grants management & Compliance of ongoing program implementation:
- Ensure that reports (internal and external) are submitted on time and are coherent and accurately written (Biweekly, APRs, quarterly, interim and/or final report)
- Support the field coordinator for the collection and dissemination of various contributions from the Project Managers, review and validation by Abuja technical team, dissemination and filing of the validated report
- Maintain hard and soft files of AAH Nigeria grant portfolio documents (from inception to closure)
- Play a key role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings preparation and implementation, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (Admin, programs, logistics, security and M&E), compile action points and ensure proper follow up of issues raised
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as the detailed implementation tool, M&E plan, PFU and Budget Follow Up amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- Support Field Coordinator in Project development; including making inputs in the area of risk management, quality of implementation, analysis of challenges faced during implementation and working with various program teams and key-stakeholders to resolve problems in a timely, cost efficient and effective manner
- In coordination with the grant coordinator, monitor implementation of programs to ensure they are in accordance with donor and AAH internal requirements. Must develop extensive understanding of donor rules for project under implementation and guide project manager in the reading of the relevant donor rules.
Objective 2 - Information management/data collection and implementation of quality controls:
- To distribute and share with all AAH staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, Donor rules, AAH relevant guidelines, reports, budget etc) related to their specific programs
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use (same docs than above)
- To act as an information resource on Borno. In connection with the Field Coordinator, be able to provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in the country. Build a dedicated file to centralize all relevant information on Borno context evolution and development (including Gov and LGA policies, strategies and development plans, resources produced by academics in or on Yobe State…)
- Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor and relevant stakeholders’ visits/meetings on AAH Nigeria programs in Borno
- Attend inter sector/coordination as when Field Coordinator is not available to collect and share information on program work and security information in Borno State.
Objective 3 - Support the field coordinator in the ongoing context analysis and scenario planning, risk analysis and advocacy initiatives:
- Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with senior management team
- Support project proposals development for the AAH Nigeria Borno Program under the supervision of the Field Coordinator
- Develop stakeholders mapping for each project and notes on advocacy primary and secondary targets (organogram of various institutions and influential members) and develop and follow up implementation of engagement strategies (reports to external stakeholders, advocacy initiatives…)
- Support the Field Coordinator to produce bi-annual context review document, scenario planning and Contingency plan review/building
- Support the Field Coordinator in the regular review of the risk analysis and update of relevant security management document in collaboration with the SSCo and SSMan.
Objective 4 - Support AAH external representation and lead partnership development opportunities:
- Support the Field Coordinator in the external representation of AAH and the coordination with government authorities at local, national and state levels (NEMA and SEMA), NGOs and UN agencies; give regular updates to the main stakeholders as necessary
- Ensure that relevant stakeholders have a clear understanding of Action Against Hunger charter, background, program objectives and activities in the field.
- Defend humanitarian principles.
- Develop and manage relationship with local NGOs, CBOs, CSOs and academia to support the development of new programming. Act as focal person for those partnership development and management (from selection process to supervision).
Internal & External Relationship
- Others Project Managers: exchange of information and coordination (integrated approach) ;
- Technical Coordinators: exchange of information and collaboration on program issues;
- Field Coordinator: hierarchical relationship – reporting, exchange of information and collaboration on program, operational and security issues;
- Operations Support Coordinator: Collaboration and exchange of information on relations with Government Institutions at district level, operational and security issues;
- Logistics HOD: exchange of information and collaboration on procurement planning, purchasing and follow-up and other logistics matters;
- Finance HOD: exchange of information and collaboration on budget design, cash forecast, budget follow-up and other financial matters;
- HR HOD: exchange of information and collaboration on recruitment, training plans, appraisals and team management issues;
- Deputy Country Directors: exchange of information and collaboration on strategic issues;
- Country Director: exchange of information and collaboration on strategic issues.
- Local governmental and non-governmental partners: exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options;
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information;
- Donor representatives: hosting field visits, exchange of information cluster and other coordination forums.
- Coordination of Monthly reports (narrative, market price and APR) building, validation process and filing;
- Contribution to bi-Weekly base situation reports;
- Contribution to Monthly Sitrep mission;
- Project notes, briefing papers and support development of external communication;
- Ad-hoc reports (Stakeholders Mapping, newsletter).
- Bachelor of Arts or Science in International Development, Economics, Humanitarian Assistance, Rural Development, Geography, Agriculture, Livestock or related studies.
- Minimum 4 years humanitarian work experience in similar setting and responsibility.
Skills & Experience
- Good communication, writing and analytical skills;
- Good team management and representation competencies;
- Knowledge of programming in humanitarian settings;
- Experience in assessment, monitoring or evaluation;
- Familiarity with Action Against Hunger principles.
- Experience with major institutional and UN donors and donor procedures (ECHO/EC, OFDA/USAID, DFID, SIDA, WFP, etc.);
- Experience of similar programs in urban setting and highly volatile contexts;
- Experience in the area of operation;
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa and Kanuri);
- Resident of North East Nigeria.
Alternatively apply via this link https://acfinternational.applytojob.com/apply/WOVoxLpjS2/Grants-And-Reporting-Manager
Friday, 21st December 2018
MINIMUM GRADUATION GRADE
Second Class Upper
RELATED FIELD OF STUDY
Business Administration Economics Social Science
Male or Female
APPLICANT AGE LIMIT