ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
Publication ID: NG67270719_E1
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business Unit: Division Function Marketing and Sales
Job Function: Sales
- As a Sales Specialist you will be a part of the Robotics and Motion Division and Business Unit Division Function Marketing and Sales based in Lagos; Nigeria.
- You will perform direct Sales and Marketing activities for products and services, so as to develop growth in accordance with agreed plans
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Selling the entire RM offering portfolio in line with the Division and BU strategy.
- Developing and maintaining new sales opportunities and customer relationships and managing resolution to specific customer problems.
- Partnering with small country sales and service team members, and work with external channels in order to maximize orders intake and market share.
- External-in market orientation approach to continuously provide inputs to help in Price and Product positioning in the market.
- Preparing annual Sales and Service Sales Plans supported by solid pipeline targeting the expansion of standard products through channel partners, and service business from the ABB and non-ABB Installed Base.
- Increasing sales volumes in all key segments for RM with focus on complete product and service offering mix.
- Mapping existing potential and define player map to continuously generate new business opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promoting customer understanding of full product offering, and aligning to provide a solution.
- Ensuring a positive and superior customer experience throughout the sales process, including post-sale.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationship with consultants.
- Driving / Implementing aggressive sales force across assigned accounts and customers.
- Taking customer loyalty to new levels establishing long term strong relationships via professional sales and delivery.
- Set winning strategies, margins and prices in cooperation with Tendering and Quotation locally and from the hub.
- Working closely and proactively with customers during budgeting and CAPEX planning phase to differentiate RM.
- Targeting large scale projects and combined drives+motors offering.
- Ensuring to expand coverage in areas and customers where RM has no presence.
- Competition Analysis to sharpen ABB Sales Force and enhance our competitive edge in the market.
- Tuning case by case sales approach and pricing strategies in line with opportunities mapping to keep RM well positioned to win.
- Defining record and archiving account and segment plans for assigned accounts including player maps, contacts, risks, opportunities. Challenges and future investment plans.
- Matching RM offering Portfolio with customer requirements and ensure optimum services are proposed.
- Closing and continuous following up with customers and supporting functions to smooth up execution.
- Stepping in when needed to ensure cash collection.
- Achieving OR Target with targeted GM% coupled with significant contribution to the fulfillment of the rest of KPI’s.
- Position ABB with Major Accounts.
- Following rigorously with zero tolerance ABB Business Ethics and Guidelines.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering with 2-3 years of experience in Sales activities in industries such as Cement, Mining, Oil & Gas, F&B, Water etc.
- Knowledge of Motors and Drives is a plus.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required
Monday, 21st January 2019
Marketing and sales
MINIMUM GRADUATION GRADE
Second Class Upper
RELATED FIELD OF STUDY
Male or Female
APPLICANT AGE LIMIT