Branch Manager - East Bank
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally. In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
Reference No: BM-EST001
Locations: Anambra, Enugu, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Abia, Akwaibom, Ebonyi, Imo, Cross Rivers.
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- As a brand with Africa as the center of its business operations, UBA strongly believes in Africa and its people with emphasis on being global. We are driving the renaissance of the African economy through innovation in Banking, having successfully built a strong domestic and international brand with footprints in 20 African countries, London, Paris and New York.
- Our strong presence on the African continent is deliberate and it reflects our love for diversity and a multicultural system. We have about 15,000 multilingual, ethnically varying and highly diverse people who reflect the richness, multiplicity and uniqueness of the twenty (20) African countries we operate.
- Here at UBA, each person’s contribution is valued and is important to the overall vision of the company. Your career growth is of utmost importance to us, that’s why you deserve more than a job. You deserve a tribe. Working in UBA admits you into our tribe. You will do the work that you love, one that matters to you and will be involved in cross functional projects across all our geographies. You become a part of the culture built and nurtured on values, resilience and dedication, a culture that make us a role model for African businesses.
We are looking for people with great personality, positive disposition towards new business frontiers and exceptional service delivery to:
- Ensure quality customer service delivery through the provision of efficient and effective branch operation, while ensuring conformity with the bank’s laid down procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Provide overall leadership/direction at the branch level and continually enhance team performance to delight customers through excellent banking hall touch point experience and manage operational risk issues that arise in daily activities at the branch level.
Role and Responsibilities
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
- Minimum of a First degree in any discipline.
- A master degree or a provisional qualification such ACA, ACIS will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience – 7 year relevant experience.
- Previous work experience in a related role will be an added advantage.
- Proven branch management experience, as a bank manager or similar role
- Sufficient knowledge of modern management techniques and best practises
- Ability to meet sales targets and production goals
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and customer focused
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Bank products and services
- Business development and acquisition
- Relationship management
- CBN Regulations and Policies
- Good Knowledge of the markets
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs.
- General Managerial/Administration
- Team building/Conflict Management
- Organization /Coordination skills
- Good Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Personality / Firm & Assertive
- Capacity to manage and absorb pressure
- Entrepreneurship/Taking Ownership
- Supervisory skills
Alternatively apply via this link https://uba.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/27134
Friday, 28th December 2018
Abia Adamawa Akwa Ibom Anambra Bauchi Bayelsa FCT Abuja
MINIMUM GRADUATION GRADE
Second Class Upper
RELATED FIELD OF STUDY
Accounting Banking and Finance
Male or Female
APPLICANT AGE LIMIT