- To perform strategic planning functions and maintain planning models.
- To manage the MTN budget year process (Revenue to Gross Margin) and Monthly Reforecast and Variance analysis
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Marketing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains within Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios.
- Assess the MTNN business plan to articulate an understanding of the telecommunications industry as well as future developments to be taken into account
- Review MTNN revenue and financial planning models, provide market share estimates based on market data and develop MTNN five year revenue and related financial projections.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Collaborate with other business units in developing business models and frameworks that support business decisions and business planning and assist in developing and reviewing scenarios within the models.
- Liaise cross functionally with Finance in the overall business planning, budget and reforecast process
- Review trends in the telecommunications industry and provide insight into issues and events that could be factored into the business planning process as it affects MTNN operations and services.
- Develop internal and external sources of intelligence on a continuous basis and integrate /manage data and information from diverse sources to guide strategic plans and decision processes within the Marketing Division.
- Develop and maintain database of records, data and information that are relevant to the telecommunications industry and useful for planning and optimization of MTNN business activities.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting
- Strong talent for developing conclusions and recommendations from complex set of data
- Forecasting principles
- International Accounting Standards
- Telecoms market - Basic Telecoms Fundamentals
- BA, BEd, BSc or BTech