- Coordinate the planning,analysis and design of multi-domain Information Technology solutions to engender a world class and extensible architecture providing platforms for sustainable business capabilities in a fast-paced telecommunications environment.
- Responsible for the translation of business requirements into set of technical specifications for the selection, design and implementation fit for purpose IT Solutions
- Coordinate the process for translating business requirement into technical specifications and ensuring alignment.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of the road map of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Responsible for the design off it-for-purpose solutions to solve business problems by facilitating design workshops with key stakeholders with strong emphasis on business value, risk and on time to value.
- Guide the evaluation of solution options, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established architecture principles & standards.
- Support the establishment and enforcement of solution architecture principles and standards through the platform of the Architecture Review Board and other architecture governance processes. Coordinate the activities of the Architecture Review Board.
- Review and recommend IT solution design proposals as prerequisite for solution build and implementation.
- Validate compliance to architecture principles at key development checkpoints for solutions in development on the one hand and changes to those in production on the other
- Responsible for business process optimization and integration, covering enterprise application integration and enterprise data integration (EAI & EDI) within both internal and external contexts
- Enable enterprise agility i.e.facilitate quick response to market dynamics and adoption of new Develop and maintain a road map of IT initiatives to deliver the target architecture for the realization of extant business visions and strategies.
- Ensure all technical documents related to a project are compiled in accordance with IT Architectural Policy and best practices.
- Support the technology planning team in the definition of processes and frameworks for managing capacity - infrastructure and application licenses.
- Support the technology planning team in the production of capacity plans to proactively meet the demand on the IT organization to ensure that the business is adequately positioned to respond to internal/external demand in a consistently efficient and effective manner.
- Provide technical leadership for the implementation and integration of assigned IT projects. Own assigned project technical deliverable and ensure delivery to acceptable quality standard
- Facilitate and oversee the definition and testing of interfaces for systems integration within assigned project.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, IT Strategy Architecture & Enterprise Solution Development.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or other numerate science.
- Postgraduate/professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Six (6) to eight (8) work experience, with at least 4 years' experience as a Solution Integrator or Architect. Must also have at least 3years' experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Architecture methodologies,standards, frameworks and tools (TOGAF, ZACHMAN, UML, etc.)
- Experienced in working with diverse teams of 5 or more people in dynamic and rapidly changing environments.
- Experience in multiple, diverse technology environments and domains including technical infrastructure, application development/management, middleware, database management, and operations.
- Understanding of telecommunication business and technology model/architecture.
- Understanding and experience across the solution implementation lifecycle.
- Experience in planning, building and running telecom BSS/OSS and related platforms are an added advantage.
- Very good conceptual and analytical thinking.
- Excellent Verbal, Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.