Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Family: Sales
- The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for the delivery of the annual revenue target agreed jointly by their Geozone Sales VP/Director & the Geozone Business Manager (GBM) for their particular Product Line(s). They shall work in conjunction with the GBM who is accountable for the operational execution that delivers the identified revenue.
- The role will be accountable for delivering an accurate revenue and margin forecast based on operational activity and expenditure plans by their customers. This is to be incorporated into the local Account Plan.
- They are responsible for providing a detailed product line strategy document (their input into the Account Plan) which is to be reviewed on a regular basis, quarterly as a minimum.
- This review will monitor performance and offer early indication of potential revenue gaps that the role will be responsible for addressing accordingly.
- They will offer support to and be supported by the Technical Sales Representatives & Account Managers to ensure effective and efficient delivery of all sales processes; support for all customer engagement opportunities, opportunity management, contract handover and management of the contract review process. Quotation generation and tender response is a key job function, as is the generation of commercial strategies for bundling and integrating our services and products.
- They shall, through liaison with GBM, Tech Sales Reps& Account Managers qualify strategic business opportunities for introducing new technologies, products & services to both new and existing customers.
- The role proactively and strategically sells Weatherford tools, technologies and services within the defined Product Line segment but proactively seeks opportunities for X-PL selling and bundling.
Duties & Responsibilities
Safety & Compliance:
- Maintains safety and service quality as first priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all commercial activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with relevant Co policies inc FCPA & Overseas Trade policies, laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter)
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps follow up on leads & opportunities assigned to them & complies with SFDC procedures
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management inc negotiations
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Responsible for advising client whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the opportunity
- Ensures that the technical specifications are discussed with the client & gaining their feedback
- Responsible for contract review with the Tech Sales Rep & Account Manager to agree overall performance
- Develop strategic plans to strengthen WFT Identity by understanding customer/industry key objectives & aligning our Core Capabilities, assembling and disseminating market intelligence
- Oversees all areas of business risk and ensure strategies exist to mitigate these as much as possible
Client & Communication:
- Ensures Tech Sales Reps understand customer’s needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, inc: pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Submit technical abstracts or articles to industry publications and/or WFT intercompany magazine.
- Maintains understanding of WFT tech. capabilities and service & effectively communicates PL to customers
- Participates in PL demonstrations and training to customers & internal stakeholders where appropriate
- Responsible for undertaking where appropriate contract closure meetings with the client in conjunction with the Account Manager & Tech Sales Rep
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of account plans via the Technical Sales Reps
- As a minimum undertakes quarterly reviews of their account plans with the Geozone Sales leader and Account Managers & Tech Sales Reps
- Take relevant actions to identify and address revenue ‘gaps’ for the year to ensure target achievement
- Accountable for delivering positive commercial results through strong negotiating skills which result in significant continuous improvements in margin performance
- Evaluates sales opportunities via the Account Managers, GBMs & Tech Sales Team
- Finalizes the upsell plan as per the BSA in conjunction with the Account Manager & Tech Sales team
- Supports line management in the efficient, effective and compliant use of resources in the support of Geozone sales
- Promotes the highest possible values, principles and the Weatherford culture to their team
- Supports cohesion and common purpose in a changing environment to all sales related personnel
- Supports and coordinates the [technical PL] education of internal sales community
- Support Technical Sales team capabilities and development by utilizing all training & development resources, performance management, succession planning and talent management processes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Collaborative team player
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Management skills with ability to exercise initiative to resolve potential & actual problems
- Broad knowledge of the Weatherford sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer and presentation skills with experience of delivering to internal and external clients
- Ability to understand and evaluate x-PL opportunities
- Preferred: Degree education in relevant oilfield or technical discipline
- Preferred: Minimum 5 years industry experience in a combination of field and onshore technical support roles, preferably 2 years of sales. If no degree qualification then candidate should have at least 10 years industry experience, combination of field and sales experience. Candidates should demonstrate that they are commercially astute, have a good understanding of commercial tenders, contracts, high margin / profitability impact and requirements for high quality customer service