- To ensure proper design, implementation and comprehensive assistance in project initiation, planning, technical support execution, control and closure to facilitate CEX projects within assigned division/ department
- Assist with project delivery within budget (time and financial) and within defined quality criteria.
- Provide Programme Manager with up-to-date financial position on all projects.
- Assist in compiling project charter including projecting project scope, problem statement and goal statement.
- Assist with project-planning in line with recommended tool sets.
- Track project activities and compliance with planning guidelines and project plans.
- Co-ordinate input and maintains plans throughout project life cycle.
- Gather project status and assist in providing up to date information on all projects (where applicable) to Program Manager.
- Track and monitor identified risks and proactively escalate them in accordance with related escalation rules (where applicable) and procedures.
- Measure progress per work stream and team members against weekly targets and deliverables.
- Schedule and track quality assurance reviews and assist with formal project success reviews.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation and time information per internal standards as applicable and relevant to CEX Projects
- Provide professional inputs and advice to the Manager in developing a project management strategy and plan.
- Apply best-in-class processes and procedures for effective project management in support of all stakeholder units
- Create and monitor audit trails of all CEX implemented changes.
- Conduct CEX change readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings to the CEX change board.
- Manage relationships with key customer impacting business units for service efficiency.
- Provide support in the design, execution, analysis and communication of customer research and feedback
- Analyse CEX Strategy’s implementation, results and actions from closed loop feedback
- Get information and insights from the “voice of the Customer” initiatives through various segmented customer engagement programs i.e. Customer Focus Group Sessions, Customer Forums, Online Social media .
- Provide insight into essential project metrics, monitor and execute SLAs to stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of business process changes and communicate these to team members.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB and values.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
- Fluent in English
- 3-7 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- 3+ years’ experience in project management
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Knowledge of industry best practices (ITIL, PMI, and CMMI) will be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Data Management
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Business Planning and Analysis, preferably within the telecommunications sector
- Competitive and Marketing Research
- Project Management Reporting
- Solution Architecture and System Integration expertise
- BA, B.Ed, B.Eng, B.Sc or HND