What You Will Do
- Work closely with a large group of schools Leadership and Development Supervisors in your territory to ensure that they are operating at the highest levels.
- Work closely with the Training Manager to ensure feedback from the field is translated to effective training content, systems and processes which further empower Teachers and Headmasters to lead successful schools.
- Empower L and D Supervisors focus intensely on instructional leadership, including each teacher completing the scheduled lessons each day; on positive classroom and school management without corporal punishment; and school strength through retention, which is a sign of parents’ belief in the positive contribution of the school.
- Provide management oversight to Leadership and Development Supervisors in your region or territory and ensure operating performance and instructional learning targets are met.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Leadership and Development Supervisors in your region to help develop their management skills and support achievement of their academy goals.
- Regional Managers completely own (and therefore, are accountable for) the performance metrics of all of the schools in their territory, as measured by operational and instructional benchmarks
- This role requires a constant presence at the schools and close interaction with each School Head or School Administrator to ensure that there is continuous bi-directional communication and coaching.
- In addition to interactions with schools, the Regional Manager is expected to build close relationships with the local and state level government officials, the traditional and local community leaders, and Parents of the children in the school to promote the importance of education, garner support for the school and education ministry’s activities as it relates to their children and to keep a constant monitor on their feedback.
- Must be ready to travel on a daily basis to schools in your region. The schools are situated in various communities across the state in Nigeria to which you are assigned.
What You Should Have
- High level of energy and enthusiasm so as to be effective in a fast paced environment with multiple demands.
- This role would suit someone who has extensive experience doing community based work, field management expertise and strong people management and program management skills.
- Degree qualified with at least 5 years of professional work experience
- Prior team leadership experience using a hands-on role model approach to management and the ability to coach and motivate others to achieve results
- Proven ability to drive results
- Passion for providing outstanding customer service
- Excellent practical problem solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Previous experience building relationships with government and community officials
- A passion for what we do is essential and experience in low cost education environments or in the public schooling environment is an advantage.
- Must be dynamic, articulate, organized with an attention to detail
- Must have demonstrated capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high pressure environment
- Must be passionate about following processes and procedures and be extremely data-driven
- Must be passionate about education and schooling in general
- Must be comfortable working in low income communities
- Must have respect and sensitivity towards cultural, gender, ethnicity and religious diversity
- Must have maturity and confidence in dealing with high ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions
- Willingness to have tough conversations when circumstances require it and to take a “no nonsense” approach to driving business results.