Reference ID: 112256BR
Slot: 5 Openngs
- This position will provide a platform for the HR Generalists to function as a strategic partner focused on understanding business value drivers and translating Shell strategy into a differentiating business-specific people agenda, applying external perspectives. Furthermore, to offer a holistic employee and line manager centered, fast and efficient support in the organization.
- The HR Generalists will perform duties associated with some or all the different functional HR areas, including Employee/Industrial Relations, HR Operations, Resourcing, Learning & Development, Policy and Benefits. This position will be located in Lagos/Port Harcourt.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes, while demonstrating intellectual rigor.
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
- Resourcing of employees into and within the company, bearing in mind resourcing guidelines, global and country protocols
- Contribute to maintenance of industrial efficiency and safeguard of business targets through effective management of relationships between Management and the in-house Unions.
- Support People efforts to deliver increased employee engagement index aimed at making Shell a great place to work. Understand and proactively solicit employee opinions through feedback mechanisms.
- Effective case and disciplinary investigations management aimed at keeping the business in general compliance mode.
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture.
- Develop and deploy competencies that promote continuous improvement of HR services, processes, systems, practices, etc.
- Implement appropriate employee learning and development needs that align with current and future performance standards and manage its delivery.
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders.
- Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda.
- Provide expert HR advisory and coaching to Line management and employees when appropriate.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and contribute to functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business and how the business can create value. Substantial business acumen.
- Demonstrating integrity in all business interactions and honoring personal commitments
- Ability to provide both verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively, as well as ability to influence others
- Effective management of resources and ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
- Reaching agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Capacity to understand problems and issues in the context of the bigger picture and understand relationships among subcomponents while synthesizing large quantities of quantitative and qualitative data
- Using research methods effectively to recognize trends, including data collection, diagnostic and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
- Maintaining relationships with staff via employee representatives in a challenging unionized environment
- Maintaining relationship and managing communication channels with non-unionized employees
- Delivery of effective staff engagement processes on routine basis and during periods of business and industrial turbulence.
- Objective and impartial input to full spectrum of ER/IR, Communications and special activities.
- Enhancing company role in Industry Networks and building leadership capability in industry from an ER/IR perspective.
Qualifications & Experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field (at 2nd Class Upper or higher). Masters in HR, Labor Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, Statistics or Data Science or other relevant fields will be an advantage. Professional certification with CIPM, CIPD or SHRM.
- 5 to 7 years of skill level in a range of different HR competencies including Human Performance Consulting, Recruitment & Resourcing, Employee and Industrial Relations, Performance Rewards & Benefits, HR Business Partnering, HR Strategy, Intervention & Facilitation, Change Management, HR Information & Systems, Diversity & Inclusion, HR Services, Policy, Compensation & Benefits.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; skill in database management and analysis.
- Demonstrated competence in customer centricity with senior leaders and employees at all levels. Enterprise First and Winning behaviors (interpersonal skills).