People are at the core of what we do, from the teachers in our academies to software developers building our tech platform – and we do it at massive scale with rapid growth. The People team is the key in unlocking “people potential” towards achieving our company’s goals. We believe in:
Focusing on operational excellence and execution - we want to make our employees' and their managers' lives simpler, and give them the tools and support to be successful. We must excel first and foremost on service delivery.
Using analytics/data to drive key decisions and continuous improvement - across core HR competencies like compensation, performance, talent, we believe that an analytical approach will enable us to attract, reward, and retain top performers.
Aligning with the company's strategic objectives - we are all playing for the same team. The human resources function, along with finance, operations, legal, and other functional areas, should be fully in sync.
About the Role
The Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing all the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Bridge International Academies Office and can lead strategic projects and events to improve the well-being of Bridge staff. This person is a highly energetic, superstar idea generator, organizer, project manager, and Microsoft Office whiz that can manage several Administration assistants and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done. Last but not least, the Administration Manager is a friendly but firm presence in the office to ensure that all Company policies are being adhered to.
What You Will Do:
- Supervises and manages administrative assistants
- Managing the duties of office cleaners, building security, and maintaining a relationship with building management to ensure that Bridge is receiving the correct level of service
- Lead the Administration Department in providing high quality service to the entire Company and any visitors, including maintaining regular quality tea service, front desk support, onboarding employees, etc.
- Manage security for the building – reviewing CCTV footage, ensuring that only authorized personnel are in the office, etc.
- Assist Bridge Staff with questions and concerns around the work environment
- Manage and maintain inventory and stock controls over administration assets (office supplies, furniture, etc.), leverage technology and systems to ensure that tracking is repeatable, scalable, and fail-safe
- Strategically manage the Company’s floor plan/layout and general office needs
- Ensure that the work environment is well kept and motivating for employees
- Organize company events, both in and out of the office
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution with top marks
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very competent with technology platforms and quick to pick up new systems
- At least four years’ experience working in project management/fast-paced environments, ideally with an administrative bent
- Prior experience as an Administration Manager preferred; experience working in Administration
- Prior management and project management experience
- High energy, highly motivated personality but a stickler for rules
- Good communicator – verbal and written
- Available at all hours (when necessary) to attend to the office in person
You Are Also:
A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.