Job Ref.: AT-208993
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on MHC, RTG, SP and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of MHC, RTG, SP and other equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from quay and yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Fill out Confirmation Slips to ensure proper records are kept for future reference.
- To execute all repairs timorously and effectively ensuring equipment failure is minimized and availability of equipment is optimised in the most cost-effective manner.
- Working standby and shifts to ensure 24 / 7 hour availability of MHC, RTG, SP and other equipment.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the MHC & RTG Fore-man and or MHC & RTG Supervisor.
- Identify work requirements and raise work requests providing complete and thorough information;
- Advise MHC & RTG Fore-man and or MHC & RTG Supervisor on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery;
We are looking for
- Trade Test / Certificate / Diploma as Electrician. Diploma in Electronics will be an advantage.
- Experience on Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders
- At least 3-5-year experience as Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience.
- Must be Self-motivated, Analytical and systematic
- Ability to follow instructions and work day plan
- Knowledge of wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical / electronic problems, and provide solutions.
- Ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment will be an advantage.
- Basic Mechanical and Hydraulic Knowledge will be an advantage
- PC Literacy will be an advantage
An exciting career opportunity which will give you the opportunity to develop your professional skills in a global environment by achieving expertise and learning on the job.