Job ID: 37210
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Regulatory Services
- Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- This is an internal function aimed at investigating breaches to policy, processes, procedures and conducts with a view to driving the right behavior and provide support in monitoring the control environment within the Group.
- The Group Internal Control (GIC) Investigation Desk shall have the overriding mandate to undertake unhindered investigations into allegation of negligence, misconduct and process breaches.
- The investigator shall direct and control comprehensive investigations of negligence, process breaches and other misconduct as defined in the Bank’s disciplinary policy as well as other bank’s pronouncements without regard to the suspect’s position, status and relationship with the bank.
- In undertaking investigations, the investigator shall maintain the highest standard of professional proficiency and integrity; and, shall be guided by ethos of confidentiality, fairness, equity and due diligence.
- To achieve its mandate, the Investigation Desk is directly supervised by the Head, Head office & Subsidiary Control and shall be empowered to:
- Providing a central source of expertise and intelligence on fraud risks and controls.
- Assisting management in limiting loss to the bank due to control breaches, misconduct and negligence.
- Investigating all such incidence considered necessary in a professional and cost-effective manner and identify culprits responsible for causing loss and ensure that they are disciplined in line with the bank’s disciplinary policy.
- Monitor the implementation of investigation recommendations thereto and develop training courses, workshops, brochures and other material to alert employees as to the Bank's policy and how to detect, prevent and report on fraud
- Liaising with relevant agencies, professional and commercial organization in this field of expertise.
- To consider, plan and give effect to all requests for detailed investigation. Analyze findings and control weakness and submit appropriate recommendations
- To ensure investigation assignments are completed in a timely are efficient manner and all published investigation reports are well articulated and free from material omission.
- To provide meaningful MIS stats to management and monitor the implementation of investigation recommendations thereto. Work in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure potential risks and controls are adequately identified and measured appropriately
- Ensure Investigation evidence (s) are properly documented and preserved. Contribute to the development and maintenance of forensic environment within the Bank and perform forensic audits when required as directed by GIC management.
- Carry out computer forensic examinations to be admissible as evidence in court proceedings such as: – capturing and seizing electronic data – analysing electronic data and computer storage devices, i.e. hard disks, tapes, etc.
- Maintain hardware and software for forensic analysis and keeping abreast with technical developments in digital forensic equipment, software and investigative techniques.
- Managing and conducting missions to capture and seize electronic data; Managing and assuring backup of electronic evidence
- Maintain a culture within the bank that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of internal control to build strong awareness in staff on policy and procedures issues
- Prompt rendition of monthly and quarterly investigation report and provide back-up assurance of electronic evidence
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a 2.1 B.Sc. First degree in Accounting, Risk Management, Banking or other social science related field
- Professional qualification such as ACIB, ACA, and other relevant ones will be an added advantage
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) and other Forensic qualification
- 3 - 4 years general banking experience, and/or investigative field; forensic auditing, internal control or operational loss control fields.
- Ability to understand complex operation in the financial service sector
- Interpreting Data
- Completing Tasks
- Documenting Facts
- Embracing Change
- Developing Expertise
- Making Decisions
- Coping with Pressure