Business: Oil & Gas
- Responsibility and Authority - Have a total responsibility for the catering department, motivate and follow up fellow workers and care for the welfare of all onboard.
- Watch Routines: Is responsible to prepare watch routines for the catering crew.
- Overtime: Is responsible for keeping the overtime lists for the catering department and for ensuring that the list is handed to the Master.
- Report : to prepare a handover report for next shift and send a copy to the Master.
- Custom clearance: The Camp Boss is responsible to prepare and hand to the Master a report of all supplies he is responsible for in due time for custom clearances.
- Log keeping: to keep the diary for catering and to have it counter-signed by the Master at regular intervals.
- Supervision have the daily supervision of all preparing of food, including the serving and presentation of food in the messroom and the baking of bread.
- Menu planning: to prepare the menu plan for each voyage with special view of the variety of food, food value and cost and to present the menu to the Master for approval.
- It is the Camp Boss responsibility to inquire if any crew member has special food requirements.
- Cooking: to participate in the preparing of meals according to watch duties or if required.
- Cleaning: the Camp Boss is responsible for the hygiene on board and in particular the galley area. Further to, in co-operation with the Chief Officer, prepare a cleaning plan including all areas on board for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and to have it approved by the Master.
- Laundry: to prepare routines for changing, cleaning and caring of linen and to have the routines approved by the Master. At regular intervals check linen for tear and wear and order replacements if required.
- Inspections: on behalf of the Master carry out unexpected inspections of cleaning in cabins that are kept by the occupants.
Desired Qualifications/Preferred Competencies
- Must be Duly certified by NIMASA in compliance with STCW 95 as amended, all certificates validity must be within 6 months, and minimum 3 years of experience on the position applied for and at minimum of 6 years seafarer recorded on the seaman’s book.
- Experience in Year(s): 3