Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Family: Operations Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Process, the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment:
- A safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
- Enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
- Promoting safe work practices;
- Attending mandatory monthly safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Conform and understand general QHSE requirements
- Lead team of DD field engineers.
- Coordinate field engineer job assignments for maximum job coverage and efficiency.
- Evaluate First Reports on daily basis.
- Supervise field engineer’s job performance and correct any deficiencies as needed.
- Evaluate DD data collected from field on daily basis and distribute as needed.
- Review and evaluate field engineer’s career development and progress.
- Execute the comprehensive training program for field engineers.
- Prioritize maintenance schedules to insure maximum utilization of available equipment.
- Ensure procedures are followed to verify proper operation of all equipment, either in the shop or on the rig site.
- Maintain an accurate motor run history and tool performance history. Interface with shop foreman and field personnel to ensure maximum motor reliability.
- Ensure complete compliance with all government agencies.
- Prepare monthly report on current job activity, special projects, tool performance summary.
- Review field engineers on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance of all safety rules.
- Ensure that the DD incident reporting process is communicated, understood and implemented.
- Report equipment failures immediately as per the Field Incident Reporting Procedure
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in oilfield activities.
- Strong “hands on” engineering background
- Good communication (both written and oral), presentation, leadership/supervisory/team and organizational skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working effectively under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences or equivalent experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
- User of WORD and EXCEL software
- Understanding of Computer application within the proposed job environment
- Ability to generate clear and concise reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Well developed communication skills across product lines and at management level.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services,
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills. Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Previous engineering management experience is an asset, Minimum of 5 years hands on engineering experience in an oilfield equipment servicing environment.