Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Support on all Operational transmission equipment, BSS equipment, Power equipment and DC plants, Conduct PAT of newly integrated BSS, Power and TXM/ADM network element and facilitate 99.5% Access Network availability.
- Facilitate the operation and maintenance of Access transmission, BSS and Passive network elements to achieve network availability targets
- Supervise change requests implementation, faults escalation, fault resolution and ensure TTs are accurately closed within MTTR by NOC.
- Facilitate acceptance for new site BSS, MW, ADMs and passive equipment according to scope and BoQ, ensure snags are properly captured and acceptance document sign-off
- Manage accurate sites database within assigned cluster (with detail information).
- Ensure proper execution of monthly routine and corrective maintenance schedule for all active and passive elements on site.
- Ensure effective utilization of consumables and spare parts.
- Perform cross functional support based on business demand and ensure effective diesel delivery and consumption within assigned cluster.
- Perform effective monthly (DWDM, IPBB and HUB) sites supervision, spot check, external alarm simulations with NOC to ensure non-functional alarms are fixed before next visit and checkmate vendor's activity to enhance Quality of Service and improve customer experience.
- Checkmate to ensure color vendors activities to avoid re-occurrence outages on DWDM, IPBB and hub sites.
- Create fault trend analysis to track and follow up with both active and passive vendors to mitigate and avoid re-occurrence outages on DWDM, IPBB and hub sites to ensure re-occurrence outages are cleared in assigned cluster
- Facilitate resolution of community and landlord access related issues.
- Generate incidence cluster report for network outages on weekly and monthly report.
- Liaise with Government Regulatory Department to resolve environmental, regulatory, States, Local Government and community issues within 24 hours and follow up for permanent solution
- Follow up for proper execution of approved CR within assigned cluster and escalate accordingly when activity is deviated
- Ensure timely replacement of faulty components on BSS, TX and Power equipment, weekly link alignment for MW links with deviated RSL as well as replacement of faulty fibre patch cord and splicing on national fibre BB to avoid prolong outage and reduce MTTR
- Operate and maintain hybrid &public power supply, manage fuel delivery and consumption, supervise and coordinate DG and A/C replacement, BTS power optimization
- Supervise, coordinate and ensure timely CAPEX replacement (DG, ATS, A/C, battery replacement and power optimization for Green Field as well as BSC/MGW sites). Also confirm and signoff JCC for the successfully completed tasks by both parties
- Monitor and control power capacity utilisation and ensure optimal safe limits on generators, rectifiers, UPS, AVR etc. are not exceeded. Timely escalation of any capacity issue and recommendation for optimisation and upgrades is also required where necessary.
- Prepare and present periodic reports on power availability and timely escalation of any serious issue that may negatively impact on network quality and availability.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Field Operations.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
Experience,Skills & Competencies:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years post NYSC relevant experience
- Control Network Technologies
- Radio Access Technologies
- BSS Network sub-system
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus